Sport places physical demands on the foot. Sporting injuries of the foot and ankle can result from overuse, weak muscles, mechanical injury, structural issues, poor flexibility and poor footwear.
Our podiatrists have the latest tools available to treat your injuries getting you back to your sport as quickly as possible. With accurate diagnosis we can treat the initial injury and then strengthen the injured area through our wide range of techniques, tailoring a program to suit you and your feet.
Treatment for sports injuries of the foot and ankle including:
We have a wide range of products available in the management, rehabilitation and prevention of injury including supportive braces and appliances.
Maximising sporting performance
It is important to consult a podiatrist to gain maximum performance. Our podiatrists can provide:
- appropriate footwear advice conducive to your foot type and activities
- training recommendations
- enhance performance through:
- increasing biomechanical efficiency
- fit and customisation of sporting footwear (for example cycling shoes and orthotics)
- gait retraining
- measures to prevent injury
- advice on maintaining optimal foot health given your sporting activities.