Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic Footlab+ has remained committed to providing ongoing foot and ankle care to the community. As an essential service we will remain open and fully comply with all government and DHHS requirements. To help us do this we need you to do the following:
- If you have any signs or symptoms (however mild) please defer your appointment
- If you have had a known contact with Covid-19 please defer your appointment
- Please do not bring non-essential others to the appointment
When you come to an appointment at the clinics here is what to expect:
- Please wait in the car upon arrival and phone us to advise you have arrived
- We will phone you when we are ready for you to proceed into the clinic
- Please wear your face mask upon entering the buildings – please contact us prior if you do not have a face mask so that we can assist you
- Please use the complimentary hand sanitiser upon entry
- You will also be required to have your temperature taken.
We appreciate you taking the time to read through the following and if you have any questions or concerns, please call us on 98701301 or 98872233.
Please note we have implemented a number of COVID-19 infection control strategies on top of our existing infection control policy.
For many people it is important that they continue to receive foot care. A simple interdigital corn left unattended could develop into an ulcerative lesion, or an uncomfortable ingrown toenail could precipitate an infection process. Our aim is to keep our patients comfortable and reduce the requirement for any form of medical intervention, where possible.
Footlab+ is also provided extended acute services care for our local GP practices to ease the burden on them, including:
- an increase in our fracture management services, including fiberglass casting and fitting of CAM walkers
- prescription of antibiotics (where appropriate) by an Endorsed Podiatric Prescriber for patients with foot infections
- Management of acutely infected ingrown toenails (including surgery in our dedicated procedure room, where necessary) and pre-ulcerative lesions
We look forward to continuing to provide the highest quality podiatric care during these times.